Cowwarr Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Cowwarr (3857) is a suburb of South Eastern Victoria, Gippsland, Victoria. It is about 152 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Cowwarr is in the federal electorate of Gippsland.

In the 2011 census the population of Cowwarr was 376 and is comprised of approximately 51.3% females and 48.7% males.

The median/average age of the population of Cowwarr is 36 years of age.

83.2% of people living in the suburb of Cowwarr were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.1% England, 1.6% New Zealand, 1.3% Poland, 1.1% Scotland, 0.8% Netherlands.

89.6% of people living in Cowwarr speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 10.4% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Cowwarr is 29.5% Catholic, 25.8% No religion, 20.5% Anglican, 14.6% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.1% Uniting Church, 1.6% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.1% Other religious affiliation , 1.1% Salvation Army, 0.8% Buddhism.

51.6% of people are married, 31.4% have never married and 9.4% are divorced and 2.1% are separated. There are 16 widowed people living in Cowwarr.

59.2% of the people living in Cowwarr over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 28.6% are working on a part time basis. Cowwarr has an unemployment rate of 5.1%.

The main occupations of people living in Cowwarr are 26.1% Managers, 16.3% Professionals, 14.1% Technicians & trades workers, 13.0% Clerical & administrative workers, 13.0% Labourers, 6.0% Machinery operators & drivers, 5.4% Sales workers, 4.3% Community & personal service workers, 1.6% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Cowwarr work in are 22.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 11.8% Education and training, 10.2% Health care and social assistance, 8.1% Manufacturing, 7.5% Public administration and safety, 7.5% Retail trade, 7.0% Electricity, gas, water and waste services, 3.8% Other services, 3.8% Construction.

36.9% of homes are fully owned, and 41.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 21.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $606 per week and the median household income is $1169 per week.

The median rent in Cowwarr is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1127 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Cowwarr postcode 3857

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Boundary Bend 3599 -> Northern Victoria -> Victoria